The competition is organised as a part of the Book Fair in Warsaw, which will be held on 26th – 29th of May 2022. The aim of the contest is to judge and compare Polish crime novels published between September 10th 2021 and April 8th 2022. The jury will select and ultimately award best crime novels in literary terms.
All Polish publishers can join the competition by submitting no more than 3 publications.
We are waiting for your applications until April 12th 2022.
The winner of the Grand Prix and laureates of two other awards will be chosen by a jury consisting of:
- dr hab. of University of Warsaw Ewa Paczoska – professor of the History of Polish Literature, poet, singing author and director of the Institute of Polish Literature at the Faculty of Polish Studies at University of Warsaw.
- Andrzej Palacz – publisher, journalist and translator. Chief editor of the Wydawca magazine as well as online portal www.wydawca.com.pl
- Marcin Sendecki – poet, journalist, literary critic, winner of many awards such as Wrocław Silesius Poetry Award in the “book of the year” category for the volume Przedmieście robót (2015), Wisława Szymborska Potery Award and the Odra Award for the volume W (2017).
- Szymon Kloska – journalist, blogger, bibliophile, critic and literary activist. He discusses books on radio and television as well as writes about them in the printed and online press. He has hosted numerous TV programmes and broadcasts about literature, including: WOK – Wszystko o Kulturze, Książki na Lato and Myślnik. For over a decade, he has been co-hosting Piątka z literatury programme at RMF Classic Radio.
- Adam Szaja – journalist and blogger. He has been working as a researcher and TV reporter for 10 years. Since 2015, his professional focus is gustksiazki.pl which mainly concentrates on criminal literature. In May 2020, together with Jakub Ćwiek, he organized the first virtual book fair in Poland during the pandemic – Viral Book Fair. He has been awarded by the Polish Chamber of Books for promoting reading on the Internet. He has been also highly appreciated by the online portal granice.pl, which included gustksiazki.pl in the TOP 10 book influencers.
The winners of the competition will be announced during a gala at the Book Fair in Warsaw.